Join us on an incredible adventure…
Spend 8 days/7 nights with Robyn and Celia for an unforgettable week of art and exploration at LaCascade Retreat, Durfort France and the Rennes-le-Château region!
Immerse yourself in History, fantastic Flea Markets, and Great Food while exploring your Creativity, Rennes-le-Château, and the Divine Feminine with two artists who have a passion for the region and its stories as well as adventure.
This is your time to nourish spirit and soul, reconnect with your creative self, relax, explore, make some art, … and relax some more!
Robyn and Celia will share new techniques while helping you refine your unique creative language, something Robyn calls our ArtMythos and Celia calls Animagine.
Once we get settled, Robyn will guide you through her personal image sorting process “Accessing the Right Brain’s Holy Grail,” identifying visual vocabularies and creating a vision spread in preparation for the art you will be creating during the week. You will learn new art journaling and bookmaking techniques while exploring regional mythic and historical symbolism and the divine feminine. We will also be working with textiles to create a unique wrapping for your book to hold sacred your experience in this magical part of France.
Mornings will be devoted to art making, but the afternoons are for adventure! The Languedoc region of France is rich in history, myth, old books, castles, art, brocantes and local markets. Most afternoons we will explore the region. Some highlights will be the Revel market (one of France’s most beautiful markets), regional flea markets, and Montolieu (known as the village of books and written up in the New York Times). This is just a taste of what awaits you!
Our home for the week will be an inspirational artist retreat , LaCascade, a beautifully restored 17th century stone house located in the charming little village of Durfort, just one hour east of Toulouse. While at La Cascade, most of your meals will be prepared by our personal chef, Nese, and will include wine with dinner. We will explore via shared rental cars, with the cost being shared among the group.
The Basic Retreat Schedule: Instructed studio time each morning after breakfast and an outing in the afternoon to explore. Outings are always optional, so if you would rather stay home and work in the studio or explore the region on your own, that’s always an option. Most evenings we will be having dinner back home, with time to talk and share our thoughts and experiences before bed. The studio space is open 24 hours as well, so you are also welcome to continue your studio time once we have returned to La Cascade.
Retreat price of $2200 includes:
Accommodations at La Cascade:
• 8 Day/7 Nights lodging at La Cascade
• 4 Bedrooms that are double occupancy (two twin beds)
• 3 shared full bathrooms
• Art studio located on the third floor of the house (24 Hour Access)
• Common areas include Living room, dining room and a large outside terrace that goes down to the river.
• Gourmet chef cooked meals prepared onsite: all breakfasts included plus most lunches and dinners with wine pairings
• Daily guided morning workshops with instruction and many supplies provided
• Daily afternoon excursions (optional)
• Dinner "Art Shares"
• Free time (work in studio, relax, socialize)
Whats not included:
Participants will be responsible for
• Transportation to France. The nearest airport is in Toulouse about an hour from Durfort.
• Travel insurance (required by La Cascade)
• Shared cost of rental cars
• A few meals while away from La Cascade
• Some basic art supplies (a list will be provided)
A few things on the Itinerary include:
• Accessing the Holy Grail through the right brain (Guided Image sorting process)
• Unlocking your visual vocabulary
• New art journaling processes
• Unique bookmaking techniques
• Repurposed project from local flea market find
• Inspiring explorations of the region to include Rennes-le-Château
• Full unrestricted access to the Art studio for continued work on projects
• Free day to relax & rejuvenate
Plus much more!
LIMITED TO 8 SPOTS!
$500 Deposit due at sign up to
reserve your spot.
You can pay in full up until 4/20 or take advantage of our suggested payment schedule. You will receive PayPal
invoices on these dates.
Suggested Payment Schedule:
*Limited Partial Scholarships available, please reach out for details.
A $500 nonrefundable deposit is required for enrollment, with the balance due by April 20, 2019. If not paid by this date, we will consider your spot forfeit.
Retreat package to include videos on "How I travel with my Art supplies" + "How to prepare for "Accessing the Holy Grail" project" along with full itinerary will be sent to you upon registration and receipt of deposit!